VideoHelp
Forum Mac-Video

How to make subtitles optional?
Forum Index -> Questions
Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tag

PostPosted: Tue 17 Oct 2006, 17:28 Reply with quote

I have a UK dvd of an old French movie. By default English subtitles are always on and cannot be turned off. (They can be cloned off, but then they're gone forever.)

Is there a way to make the subtitles able to be turned on and off?

Nothing is checked in the Prohibited User Options. (It's a little unclear whether "enable" means to enable the prohibition or to enable the activity otherwise prohibited. But in any case, nothing is checked.)

Thanks.
Jerome
Administrator
Administrator   

PostPosted: Wed 18 Oct 2006, 23:12 Reply with quote

Hi.

First question. Are you sure the subtitles are not on the picture ? In this case, of course, nothing could remove them.

otherwise, myDVDEdit 0.9.8 dont show the VOB prohibited options. the 0.9.9 version do (in beta testing).

Have you a message like 'prohibited action' when you try to change the subtitle. If it's the case, there is a VOB prohibited option.

Jerome
tag

PostPosted: Thu 19 Oct 2006, 02:18 Reply with quote

Yes, the subtitles are a separate stream. I can clone the disc without the subtitles. And I can extract an .spc subtitle stream. (Using DVDoneX just results in the subs either on all the time, or off all the time.)

There appears to be no prohibition against the subtitles -- nothing is checked, using your application.

When playing the disc, one can switch using the remote between Subtitles English and Subtitles Off. But the subtitles always stay on.

But I found a solution using myDVDEdit: I added a second subtitle stream, a blank one. Now when I select that stream, the subtitles go off, and when I select Subtitles English, they go on!
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Forum Index -> Questions Page 1 of 1

Jump to: