VideoHelp
Forum Mac-Video

Jump to menus not working despite Prohibited User Options
Forum Index -> Questions
Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jelockwood

PostPosted: Sat 22 Aug 2009, 23:58 Reply with quote

I have been using myDVDEDit 1.0 to join the two halves of the Lord of the Rings extended edition discs together and have successfully got it to automatically move to the second half and for settings like subtitles to continue in to the second half.

However on the second half i.e. the part imported from the second disc, the ability to access the DVD menu and audio menu etc. is disabled and was on the original disc 2 by itself.

Normally I believe this is merely a matter of turning off the Prohibited User Options so as to allow these functions. However even though I believe I have done this correctly I still find I cannot access the menus during the play of the second disc.

What other areas should I check?

----------
Update: I had not problem with the first LOTR film, but did on the second and third films. Having just had a brainwave I think I have spotted the problem. Whereas the first films disc 2 had PGC entries for Audio and Subtitle menus, the second and third films disc 2s did not have any such PGC entries. I will try adding one.
----------
Update2: It turns out that for film 1, the Audio and Subtitle PGC menus are in the VTS Title of the film (on disc 2) and so work fine and copy across fine, for the second and third films however the Audio and Subtitle PGCs are in a different title set to the film and so cannot be accessed during the film nor are they copied across.

Is there any way to copy for example an Audio PGC from VTS Title 1, and 'paste' it in to VTS title 2? I could add one manually and copy all the commands but how would I get it to show the video of the menu correctly?
Jerome
Administrator
Administrator   

PostPosted: Tue 25 Aug 2009, 01:10 Reply with quote

You cannot copy or move a cell in a existing PGC from a VTS to a other.

I am working on for the next version but this take time.

Before that, you could try to create a new PGC with the audio entry and call the first VTS PGC audio entry (throw VMG Menu, only solution to jump from a VTS to an other).

I think the Resume command should return to the correct title. If not, a register must be use to known which title must be resume.

Jerome
jelockwood

PostPosted: Tue 25 Aug 2009, 11:33 Reply with quote

Jérôme wrote:
You cannot copy or move a cell in a existing PGC from a VTS to a other.

I am working on for the next version but this take time.

Before that, you could try to create a new PGC with the audio entry and call the first VTS PGC audio entry (throw VMG Menu, only solution to jump from a VTS to an other).

I think the Resume command should return to the correct title. If not, a register must be use to known which title must be resume.

Jérôme

I suspected that copying a PGC would be difficult. I can see how using a jump would work, however other than the ability to call up the menus, it is working and I think I will wait for the next version you mentioned.

Thank you for a great utility.
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Forum Index -> Questions Page 1 of 1

Jump to: