Using iDVD to create Menus?
Forum Index -> Questions
Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skeeve
Beta tester
Beta tester   

PostPosted: Sat 07 Feb 2009, 08:47 Reply with quote

Excuse me, if the question sounds dumb or is already answerde here one or more times.

My idea is to use iDVD to create a fancy menu for my DVD.

i THOUGHT I could take

• VIDEO_TS.BUP
  • VIDEO_TS.IFO
  • VIDEO_TS.VOB

from my iDVD created image to have the menu and all the VTS_* files to have the films want on the DVD.

My first attempt, where I had one dummy film in VTS_01_* seemed promising until I tried to link the buttons to something else but film 1. As the menu only knew about 1 film, I just could lin to 1.

So it seems there is some information in the VIDEO_TS.* files. Is there a way to change the VIDEO_TS.* to know about the other films?

The second attempt, where I had severeal dummy films linked from my iDVD menu was a complete failure as iDVD vretes several VTS_0X_* files, but I had only VTS_01_*.

Can someone please give me a hint how I can make the VIDEO_TS.* info and the VTS_* match? Or whether or not it's possible at all?

Many thanks in advance!
Jerome
Administrator
Administrator   

PostPosted: Mon 09 Feb 2009, 11:57 Reply with quote

There is no solution with this version of myDVDEdit.

As VIDEO_TS.IFO contains the Title Table, the new IFO/VOB files titles structure must be the same.

As iDVD record each titles in differents VTS files, you cannot replace one IFO/VOB with a other with more then one title inside.

But I'm seriously working on the next version of myDVDEdit which will integrate a import function.

Jerome
aaron
Beta tester
Beta tester   

PostPosted: Sat 21 Feb 2009, 10:16 Reply with quote

Quote:
As iDVD record each titles in differents VTS files, you cannot replace one IFO/VOB with a other with more then one title inside.

Supposing you have a Title Set with, e.g., two titles, couldn't you just duplicate the VIDEO_TS folder, and then use myDVDEdit two delete one of the titles from each copy?

The one possible problem I can see is having to renumber one copy of the title set from VTS_01* to VTS_02*. Does a Title Set refer in any way to its own number, or are such references only in the VIDEO_TS.* files?

One can also use PGCEdit to import and automatically renumber the title set. It's a free, powerful program, although the interface is not nearly as nice as that of myDVDEdit.
Skeeve
Beta tester
Beta tester   

PostPosted: Sun 22 Feb 2009, 00:02 Reply with quote

I finally succeeded and linked in the user tricks to my blog, where I describe the procedure.
Skeeve
Beta tester
Beta tester   

PostPosted: Sun 22 Feb 2009, 23:20 Reply with quote

aaron wrote:

One can also use PGCEdit to import and automatically renumber the title set. It's a free, powerful program, although the interface is not nearly as nice as that of myDVDEdit.

Sad, but true:
Quote:
Installation of PgcEdit under Mac OSX

Due to the fact that PgcEdit is now nagware and not open source any more, and that I have never received any donation from Mac users, PgcEdit is not supported under Mac OSX any more.
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Forum Index -> Questions Page 1 of 1

Jump to: