Support myDVDEdit

Register Register

Search Search
FAQ FAQ

--- Links ---
MacEtVideo
VideoHelp
Forum Mac-Video

Button selection works but is not indicated visually.
Forum Index -> Questions
Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aaron
Beta tester
Beta tester   

PostPosted: Thu 14 Aug 2008, 10:53 Reply with quote

Using sizzle and PgcEdit, I created a DVD with a new VMG menu and two previously-existing VTS's. I then opened it in myDVDEdit in order to edit the commands.

After a number of false starts, I got everything to work well with one important exception:

When the menu is viewed, at least while playing with Leopard's DVD Player, all three buttons (two titles plus Resume) are "highlighted" with a rectangle around them. I can select the button I want if I count the times I use the arrows (starting from the Resume button which I set as default) or "cheating" with the cursor, but there is no visual indication of which one is selected at any time. On the other hand, in myDVDEdit's Debug mode, button selection also works but none of the buttons has a rectangle around it, while in Edit mode whatever button I last clicked on does have a rectangle around it.

Any ideas what might be wrong?
Jerome
Administrator
Administrator   

PostPosted: Sun 17 Aug 2008, 01:55 Reply with quote

Not like that.

May be some picture could help me, or better, send me the DVD with just IFOs and the VOB menu file (VTS_xx_0.VOB) with the problem.

Jerome
aaron
Beta tester
Beta tester   

PostPosted: Mon 18 Aug 2008, 03:20 Reply with quote

I noticed, after writing the above and sending Jérôme the files, that the VMG menu contains two "copies" of the menu, really two PGCs each referencing the same VobID. This shouldn't matter, since nothing links to the second PGC.

But I did learn a little by playing around with them and combining my observations with another look at part of the myDVDEdit overview doc. (Jérôme can correct me if I'm wrong about anything.)

1) The palette of colors that the subpictures use is defined for each PGC and is in the .IFO file. This means that, by using multiple PGCs with the same VobID, one can allow the user of the DVD a choice of subpicture colors at run time. This would be, perhaps, more useful for subtitles than for buttons. It also means that all the subpictures in a single PGC have to use the same palette.

2) The table of palette indices and opacities for button colors is carried over from one PGC to another with the same VobID. When these tables are modified, the .VOB file is modified, not the .IFO file. Also, the assignments are the same for all buttons in the same menu.

I will add to this a little later, when I have some time.

BTW, is there any way to actually view the complete selection and activation subpictures for a menu in myDVDEdit?
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Forum Index -> Questions Page 1 of 1

Jump to: