VideoHelp
Forum Mac-Video

Am I too stupid for this program ?
Forum Index -> Questions
Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HansGerber

PostPosted: Sun 02 Dec 2007, 16:03 Reply with quote

I'm really despairing, I' m not able to get one DVD to work in a way I want.
As I can't imagine that the program is that buggy, I doubt I'm just too stupid.

Maybe someone can enlighten me ?

I open a DVD, go to a VTS with extra stuff that I want to remove. Just removing all cells doesn't work, the DVD won't play. But adding an empty cell with less than one second may work ? CloneDVD does it this way, I think.
The command "add cell" (being it an empty one or VobID x:y) doesn't do anything Crying or Very sad
How can I add a new cell o replace the original vob with minutes of extras by an almost empty one ?

Alternatively : To cut an extra from e.g. 4 minutes to less than a second - is this possible, if so - how ?
I can select the start and the end within a cell. But how to remove the selection ? What can I do with this selection ? I don't know.
Cutting the extras was the way I removed extras with Vobblanker at Windows. I hoped this works with myDVDedit, too. I admit I still hope so.

Thanks in advance for any hint.

Hans
Jerome
Administrator
Administrator   

PostPosted: Sun 02 Dec 2007, 16:40 Reply with quote

HansGerber wrote:
I open a DVD, go to a VTS with extra stuff that I want to remove. Just removing all cells doesn't work, the DVD won't play. But adding an empty cell with less than one second may work ? CloneDVD does it this way, I think.
The command "add cell" (being it an empty one or VobID x:y) doesn't do anything Crying or Very sad
How can I add a new cell o replace the original vob with minutes of extras by an almost empty one ?

First, use only the last version. The previous version had a bug when cells are moved.
Add blank cell should works. It works for me.
In a first time, you should try only by replacing all cells with a blank cell (existing one or new one). Do not empty the trash.
It's the easiest because VOB files are not changed (or a little if you added a blank cell).

In a second time, if the first step works, you could try to remove the unused cells (click on the trash). But in this case, much of the time, you have to change the cell numbers because they must be continuous. I will add a function in a futur version to do that automatically.

HansGerber wrote:
Alternatively : To cut an extra from e.g. 4 minutes to less than a second - is this possible, if so - how ?

No, not yet.

HansGerber wrote:
I can select the start and the end within a cell. But how to remove the selection ? What can I do with this selection ? I don't know.

Sorry, selections are only there for futur use.

Jerome
HansGerber

PostPosted: Sun 02 Dec 2007, 16:57 Reply with quote

Hi,

first of all thanks for this very quick answer.
I'm running MacOSX 10.5.1 and myDVDedit 0.9.10.
Nevertheless, the command "Add Cell" does absolutely nothing here !! I installed several times, but always the same behaviour. Am I doing something wrong ?
Blanking all Cells from a PGC and inserting a new - empty - one should work, am I right ?
But how can I add / insert a cell (what also doesn't work) with a length of - let's say 1 second ? I tried all, but this damned (sorry) command doesn't do what it claims to do.

Cutting the extra stuff downto less than 1 second could be a great alternative, what works, as I mentioned, perfectly with vobblanker. If this is part of future release, that's great.
How far away from expecting this are we ? Are we talking about weeks, months or whatever ?

Thanks again for the reply, it's highly appreciated
Jerome
Administrator
Administrator   

PostPosted: Sun 02 Dec 2007, 17:13 Reply with quote

Damn, you right, Adding blank cell works only in french, and Adding Cell does not work anymore.

I'll try to fixe that quickly.

For futur version, sorry, I really dont know when I will, or if I will work for it.
That's means spend a lot of time in a product that does not pay me much.

Jerome
HansGerber

PostPosted: Sun 02 Dec 2007, 18:08 Reply with quote

Salut Jérôme,

glad to hear that it wasn't my stupidness but a simple bug in the program.

Waiting for the bugfix impatiently.
If replacing a 100 MB VOB with trailers or extra stuff by a vob file containig just a blank cell will finally work, that's all I need.
Having this functionality enables you to cut the unwanted stuff first and to compress afterwards e.g with Popcorn or another application. As removing extras and keeping menus isn't possible with Popcorn.

Thanks for the great and fast support.

Hans
Jerome
Administrator
Administrator   

PostPosted: Mon 03 Dec 2007, 23:22 Reply with quote

OK, the problem is fixed in the new release 0.9.10 v48

Jerome
HansGerber

PostPosted: Tue 04 Dec 2007, 15:51 Reply with quote

Salut Jérôme,

tested it and it works like a charme -> I'm deaply impressed.
Adding / inesrting cells really works now.
Removing the unwanted stuff by 1/2 second cells and keeping by VobID works without a problem.

(Introducing the cutting of selected material would be the "dot on the i" for further releases) Very Happy

Merci de votres efforts.
Salutations
Hans
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Forum Index -> Questions Page 1 of 1

Jump to: