VideoHelp
Forum Mac-Video

MENU button problems in VTS 1
Forum Index -> Questions
Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drenkin

PostPosted: Sun 22 Jan 2006, 22:00 Reply with quote

I've assembled the VIDEO_TS folder for a project: I have a title menu linking to two different submenus, all encoded as PGCs within the VMG Menu.

VTS 1 is played from a button on the first submenu PGC (PGC 4), all other VTS files play from buttons on a second submenu PGC (PGC 6).

When I press the MENU button while playing VTS files numbered 2 and higher, they correctly link to their respective "place-holder" VTS Menu files, and from there jump to the assigned PGC submenu within VMG Menu.

VTS 1 displays "Not Allowed" when I press the MENU button, and only permits jumping to the title menu by pressing TOP MENU while it is playing. When I first opened the VIDEO_TS folder in myDVDEdit, VTS 1 did not have a matching VTS Menu file, though all the other VTS files did. I used myDVDEdit to create one, set it as "root" and tried both a pre- command and a post- command to jump from it to the appropriate PGC within the VMG Menu.
(I'm being repetitive to make sure I describe this correctly; the inner workings of the DVD structure are still new to me, and my brain hurts. Grin.) Neither approach works in DVD Player or in my set-top player with a burned disk, although stepping through the commands in myDVDEdit in "debug" mode seems to flow correctly. I still simply see "Not Allowed" on pressing MENU while playing VTS 1.

Also, despite saving the edited file before closing myDVDEdit, the newly created VTS Menu 1 has vanished when I re-open the file. All permissions on the VIDEO_TS folder and the files within it were set to read/write before I started working with it, and all my other changes stick.

Is there something special about VTS 1 in the DVD layout that prohibits getting to anything but the title menu? Is there a different workaround to get to a PGC from VTS 1 than in other VTS's?

Thank you for advice or suggestions--
Jerome
Administrator
Administrator   

PostPosted: Mon 23 Jan 2006, 18:53 Reply with quote

Your are right, there is a problem, new VTS Menus are not saved.
This must be fixe.

Jerome
drenkin

PostPosted: Mon 23 Jan 2006, 19:31 Reply with quote

Merci!

Thank you for the quick reply; I'm glad I wasn't overlooking something.

The program is terrific. Thank you for your work on it!
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Forum Index -> Questions Page 1 of 1

Jump to: