Forum Index -> Questions
Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lledrith
Beta tester
Beta tester   

PostPosted: Mon 02 Mar 2009, 23:55 Reply with quote

Good evening,

So I will create a DVD with MovieGate. The problem is that MovieGate does not allow yet buttons that will play a given chapter of the same track. We can only create a button to play a track from the beginning.

The other issue is that it allows only one button for one track per menu or submenu, I cannot put two buttons for the same track on the same page.

So I had an idea, and I would like to know if you think it will work. I have created several ghost tracks. What I mean is I put on my DVD several movie files that are only 1 frame length so they are very small, and so let's say I have only one real track and I need 5 chapters in a menu, I put in my DVD 4 ghost tracks.

Then I put my 5 buttons, one for the main track, the 4 others for my ghost tracks.

I would like to know two things :

1/ will I be able with mydvdedit to edit those buttons to make them play another track with a given chapter ?

2/ will I be able to edit the... errrr dunno how to say this... the miniature, you know the picture that is before the button title, to show the track chapter I have setup above? If the (2) is no, and the (1) is yes, then I will create buttons without this picture.

Thanks
Skeeve
Beta tester
Beta tester   

PostPosted: Tue 03 Mar 2009, 08:09 Reply with quote

ad 1) Yes
ad 2) No

I'd suggest using iDVD. I know it can't handle subtitles, but if you use iDVD for just creating the menu, you should be able to link the buttons to whatever you like. And you don't have to have ghost tracks. If you afterwards change the VOBs of iDVD with those with subtitles, you should be able to fix all you want in myDVDEdit.

Did you look at my longish, and soon outdated tutorial? Maybe it will give you an idea what's possible.
Lledrith
Beta tester
Beta tester   

PostPosted: Tue 03 Mar 2009, 08:21 Reply with quote

I'm unsure it will work, as the subtitles are additional streams, I mean if I create the DVD with iDVD, I'm not sure I will be able to add subtitle support afterward.

I think I'll then use buttons without preview, just with the name of the song.

Thanks

I will look at your tutorial.

But I need this DVD for march the 16th, so I have no time to figure out how to completely change a DVD Wink
Skeeve
Beta tester
Beta tester   

PostPosted: Tue 03 Mar 2009, 08:34 Reply with quote

Lledrith wrote:
I'm unsure it will work, as the subtitles are additional streams, I mean if I create the DVD with iDVD, I'm not sure I will be able to add subtitle support afterward.

They are streams, but they are in the VOBs, right? When I showed zou my example a few days ago in the thread about how to activate a subtitle stream, I used a project as an example that had no subtitle streams at all. If I'm not mistaken, the stream selection always shows you a fixed number of streams, be they available or not.
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Forum Index -> Questions Page 1 of 1

Jump to: