Forum Mac-Video

Deleting ,Rearranging and Filling PGCs
Forum Index -> Questions
Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doppelmonster

PostPosted: Mon 07 Nov 2005, 10:14 Reply with quote

Hello,
first of all thanks to Jerome for this Great programm!

I would like to know if its possible to re-arrange newly created PGCs (e.g. from the last to the first place) and if you can fill them in some way with content (vobs).

Additionaly I would like to know if its possible to delete PGCs?

I would also like to know if its possible to change the commands attached to buttons.

Maybe its more a wishlist than questions??? Wink

thanks anyway,
Matthias
Jerome
Administrator
Administrator   

PostPosted: Mon 07 Nov 2005, 16:38 Reply with quote

Hi,

doppelmonster wrote:
Hello,
first of all thanks to Jerome for this Great programm!

Thanks Smile

doppelmonster wrote:
I would like to know if its possible to re-arrange newly created PGCs (e.g. from the last to the first place) and if you can fill them in some way with content (vobs).

No. Not sure to see the interest. You change all the PGC numbers and many things must be changed. Why dont you just change the PGC number in your Call/Jump/Link commands.
About fill them: Not yet, but soon.

doppelmonster wrote:
Additionaly I would like to know if its possible to delete PGCs?

Not yet, but soon.

doppelmonster wrote:
I would also like to know if its possible to change the commands attached to buttons.

Not yet, but soon.

Yes, I know, much works to do again.

Jerome
doppelmonster

PostPosted: Mon 14 Nov 2005, 12:10 Reply with quote

Hi Jerome,
my intention for rearranging the pgcs was most because it is not possible to delete obsolete pgcs. When using an abstraction layer programm like DVD_SP for creating the Video_tS there is so many junk. I want to make a complete new navigation with your programm (or try whats possible to do).

But if you will be able to delete pgcs in a future version it will also fit.

One question you did not answer: will it become possible to fill content (audio/video) in a pgc in a future version?

Like i said , i realy appreciate your work!!

regards,
Matthias
Jerome
Administrator
Administrator   

PostPosted: Mon 14 Nov 2005, 12:27 Reply with quote

Quote:
will it become possible to fill content (audio/video) in a pgc in a future version

Yes but may be not as you think it.
I will only accept already encoded DVD object. That's meens you will only can copy one Cell/PGC/Title/VTS from a VTS to a other, or a Cell/PGC/Title/VTS from a other DVD. myDVDEdit will not accept .MOV files, .MPG files or .MV2 files.

Jerome
doppelmonster

PostPosted: Tue 15 Nov 2005, 07:44 Reply with quote

This is what i expected Mr. Green
I have read your upgrade path in the other post, I hope you get it to work!

cu,
Matthias
Eurisko

PostPosted: Fri 16 Dec 2005, 04:08 Reply with quote

Hi, my question was along the same lines. I don't know if you've used DVD SP Jerome, but it is notorious for bad programming where Transitions are concerned. Menu transitions are created as separate video segments which are stored on different parts of the DVD. So when a menu transition takes place, the DVD player has to flip back and forth between different sections of the DVD, slowing it down by seconds, which as you can imagine on a DVD looks very clunky and unprofessional. I don't know if I described this correctly but had to give an idea.

So instead of Menu -> flip to beginning of disc -> Transition -> flip to another section of disc -> Video segment... I'd like to reprogram the commands so its Menu -> Transition -> Video, clean and simple. Is there a way to do this? Am I getting though clear enough?
Jerome
Administrator
Administrator   

PostPosted: Fri 16 Dec 2005, 19:39 Reply with quote

I'm not sure I really have understood your question.

First, you have to know that a DVD player must stop the current MPEG decoding before execute any command, and a new MPEG decoding start can be (relatively) long. To know how long a transition can be, just look at a DVD animate menu. At the end of the menu, just look how many time the player take to go back to the start. that can be long.

A new experience could be. Get a DVD video and add a new Cell command NOP at the first cell of your movie. Now look at the movie. If your DVD player is DVD Forum compliante, you should have a short picture freeze at the end of the first chapter.

Secondly, Menu objects and VTS objects cannot be mixed together on a DVD.

Firdly, if you have some menu with 4:3 aspect and others with 16:9 aspect, they cannot be stored in the same domain (save VTS file number). For that reason, DVD SP not use VMGM to store the menu but VTSM 1 for 16:9 menus and VTSM 2 for 4:3 menus. It's not really a problem except they is no command to call a VTS title from a other VTS, so all menus must first jump to VMGM to call a title of an other VTS.

Now, may be you right and DVD SP Transition are bad. With myDVDEdit, you could change them, and certainly simplify them, but you will continue to have 'flip'.

To minimize these transitions, you will have first to move your menu from VTSM to VMGM and rewrite your commands. This cannot be done with this myDVDEdit version. You will have to wait next year for the version 1.0, or buy DVDAfterEdit.

Jerome
Eurisko

PostPosted: Fri 16 Dec 2005, 23:12 Reply with quote

Sorry, I know my explanation is a little convoluted. Let me put it this way. The way DVDSP lays out a DVD, the transistions are placed in a Title PGC, instead of the Menu PGCs. Now from what I've read, for a transistion to be effective, the transitions and menus must be in the same PGC. That's just what I've seen anyway.

Now since they are separate, going from a menu to a transition to a title takes extra time because the DVD player must skip around a bunch of sectors on the DVD to complete the transition.

What I'm asking is; is there a way to relocate the transisitions into the same PGC as the Menu?
Jerome
Administrator
Administrator   

PostPosted: Fri 16 Dec 2005, 23:37 Reply with quote

There are very few differences between titles and menus, and differences are in the IFO structure, not in VOB. The main difference is a Menu VOB can only contains one subpicture (usually, for buttons). But you can create a menu with a title. Remember the white rabbit in Matrix, it is just a button like in any menu.

So, yes, it is possible... when myDVDEdit can do it.

Jerome
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Forum Index -> Questions Page 1 of 1

Jump to: