VideoHelp
Forum Mac-Video

Avoiding TV pictures that are too big
Forum Index -> Questions
Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drwater

PostPosted: Wed 13 Aug 2008, 04:32 Reply with quote

I am using iDVD 7.0.2 and iPhoto 7.1.4. I made a slide show at 16:9 in iPhoto, exported it to iDVD, set up a 16:9 file in iDVD, added the movie from the iPhoto export and created a disc image. After burning the resulting Video_TS file in Toast 7.1.3, I played it on my DVD player set at 16:9 on our LCD HD (720p) TV. The resulting picture was too wide. I read Klaus1's August 10, 2008 post on the Apple discussion form. I changed permissions to Read and Write on my Audio_TS and Video-TS files. I opened myDVDedit and (although I did not see a VTS Menu 2) I opened all three menu's in the upper left area, and changed all three to 16:9 and saved the changes. After burning and verifying a DVD disc, I found that the TV picture was unchanged from the copy of the disc image that I had not modified. In the process of working with myDVDedit I was presented with a dialog box that said something like "Two things are different and did I want to change one of them and this might take some time." I didn't know what that meant (four capital letters were involved), but I said okay. I am using Mac OS 10.5.4 and have a G-4 with 1.5 GB of SDRAM and 128 MB of VRAM.

My question is, can you tell me the flaw in what I did? I only have this problem with iDVD with movies, when I make a slide show, the picture does not fill my TV screen, but at least it is all there.

Thank you for your help.
bezrock

PostPosted: Tue 30 Dec 2008, 15:16 Reply with quote

hi.. i also have this issue.

my video is 960x540 (16:9)
When it encodes to DVD format PAL it automatically trys to make it 720x576 but what it is doing is cutting of a lot of my video information on left and right (and top and bottom)

when i open my files in myDVDEdit and view with Title Safe Area, i see that a lot of my video information is sitting outside this region.

Changing between 16:9 and 4:3 makes no difference what so ever?

Am i doing something wrong? Or am i trying something that this program cannot do.

(Great piece of software btw - though im just in an urgent mess at the moment.. as my video is cutting off important TEXT when i play it on my TV DVD player - funnily enough.. when i play it on OSX DVD Player it appears fine. Im assuming that this is because it caters for HD)
Jerome
Administrator
Administrator   

PostPosted: Tue 30 Dec 2008, 17:14 Reply with quote

I dont know if you do something wrong but it's not normal that your encoding program trunk your video. Maybe you set an option you shouldn't touch.

No, myDVDEdit cannot fixe that. it's an encoding problem and myDVDEdit can only modify the DVD informations.

You should retry to encode your video with an other encoder.

Jerome
bezrock

PostPosted: Tue 30 Dec 2008, 17:21 Reply with quote

thanks for your fast reply Jerome.

im trying Handbrake (and also i found that with Quicktime if you go SHOW MOVIE PROPERTIES) it lets you rescale it for viewing without re-encoding.. maybe it will let me burn this way too!

Happy NYE
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Forum Index -> Questions Page 1 of 1

Jump to: