Support myDVDEdit

Register Register

Search Search
FAQ FAQ

--- Links ---
MacEtVideo
VideoHelp
Forum Mac-Video

Simply way to play multiple VOB's/Titles in a row?
Forum Index -> Questions
Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robingo888

PostPosted: Sun 07 Oct 2007, 02:16 Reply with quote

hi... i'm sure this question has been asked many times but after a full day of playing with myDVDEdit, i can't figure it out...

i have authored a dvd using iDVD ('0Cool with 2 buttons on the main page... button one plays a single movie and button 2 goes to a secondary page that contains a list of 8 additional movies (each separately created in final cut pro)...

if i click on each of the buttons on the second page it plays the short move and then returns to the secondary menu page... -but-... i'd like it to work so that each of the 8 movies automatically calls the next (ie, when 4 finishes, 5 starts, when 5 finishes 6 starts, etc.) until the 8th movie is done and then it returns to the secondary menu

i'm sure this is possible, but perhaps it is beyond me technically to figure out how to do this

any advice (other than to reauthor in DVDSP, which i don't want to do since the menues i have are exactly as i'd like them.

many MANY thanks!
robin
Jerome
Administrator
Administrator   

PostPosted: Sun 07 Oct 2007, 03:01 Reply with quote

Yes, that can be done easily, but the solution depend on how your DVD is make.

1) If all your 8 titles are in the same VTS, just add 'Link Pgc x' in the Post-command of each title. x is the next title pgc number.

2) If titles are in different VTS, you cannot call a title from a VTS to a other. You must pass by a VMG Menu Pgc.

ie: to call the movie 2 at the end of the movie 1. In my exemple, movie 1 is the Title 2 and Pgc 1 of VTS 2, and movie 2 si the Title 3 and Pgc 1 of VTS3.

- Create a new Pgc in VMG Menu, for exemple Pgc 10
- In the Pre-cmd add the command 'Jump Title 3'
- In the Post-cmd of VTS 2 Pgc1, add the command 'Call VMG Menu Pgc 10'
- repeat the operation for each title.

I hope I have been clear.
Jerome
robingo888

PostPosted: Sun 07 Oct 2007, 03:59 Reply with quote

hi Jérôme... yes, i think you have given good instructions... i'm afraid this is beyond my ability (well, if i have enough time perhaps i can do this, but i have already spent 2 days on this so i may give up Very Happy so i can move on to the next project...

if i have the spirit, i may try your suggestion...

tonight i found that for some reason the Video_TS folder i built using myDVDEdit does not seem to stop at the end of each movie when played on a standard DVD player, but instead goes to the next title (and since the titles are not in order of time this works poorly)... when played on mac's DVD Player application this doesn't happen, so i did not notice this until i burned a test dvd... interestingly the Video_TS generated directly by iDVD does not have this problem...

i have replaced some VOB files (better encoding using a different application) but needed myDVDEdit to fix the audio coding bits, but when i open the modified Video_TS folder in myDVDEdit it says it has found and fixed errors, so this may be causing the difference (no other difference in any settings i can find)

in any event, thank you so much for your help!
i'll let you know if i am successful!
cheers
robin
grillo

PostPosted: Tue 25 Nov 2008, 17:52 Reply with quote

Jerome!!!

Thanks for you answer that's exactly what I was looking for!
iDVD does not place vts in the order that you specify in the menu, for some reason, so it's a bother but a little bit of patience and you can "link" all titles together.

Nice piece of software, congrats! Very Happy
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Forum Index -> Questions Page 1 of 1

Jump to: