VideoHelp
Forum Mac-Video

remapping subtitles
Forum Index -> Questions
Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doppelmonster

PostPosted: Mon 14 Nov 2005, 12:33 Reply with quote

I work normaly with DVD_SP. There it is not possible to remap and hide subtitles for different DVD-Player setups like Widescreen and Letterboxed.

With MyDVDEdit its possible to assign two different subtitle streams in the same language track, one for widescreen and one for letterboxed (under information in the PGC)

On the ifo part of the VTS you can then delete the subtilte streams you want to hide (they are used in the language track for the secondary setup).

This works on burned discs like the subtitle remapping of advanced authoring programms (Creator,Scenarist,Maestro)

I wonder if i violate the DVDspec. in some way when i build the feature this way?
Has someone made something similar?

I even builded DLTs from that project without problems.
But i yet didnt replicated any project.
Jerome
Administrator
Administrator   

PostPosted: Mon 14 Nov 2005, 13:17 Reply with quote

There is no direct relation between the subpicture track number and the subpicture stream number, so you may choose to have only one subpicture track when the VOBU contains 32 subpicture streams, or have 32 subpicture tracks with the same subpicture stream. There are no DVDSpec violation with that.
You could too have one track which is a french subtitle on a 4:3 screen and a english subtitle on a 16:9 screen. I dont see the interest, but it's possible.

But dont forget that IFO subpicture parameters are unique for all the VTS. Why do you delete the subpicture stream in the IFO tab. You could just disable the track in the PGC Information tab, the result is the same and you could continue to use this track in a other PGC.

Jerome
doppelmonster

PostPosted: Tue 15 Nov 2005, 07:39 Reply with quote

Jérôme wrote:
But dont forget that IFO subpicture parameters are unique for all the VTS. Why do you delete the subpicture stream in the IFO tab. You could just disable the track in the PGC Information tab, the result is the same and you could continue to use this track in a other PGC

Thats a good hint! I will use this instead.
thanks,
Matthias
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Forum Index -> Questions Page 1 of 1

Jump to: