Forum Index

Support myDVDEdit

Register Register

Search Search

--- Links ---
Forum Mac-Video
Adding remote nav commands durring DVD video playback?
Forum Index -> Questions
Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue 11 Mar 2008, 22:11 Reply with quote

I have a dvd made up of several music videos. In the VIDEO_TS folder, each is it's own seperate VTS vob.

When the DVD plays, it plays each video in sequence so when #1 finishes, 2 begins, then 3, then it loops back to the beginning. This is set up by the authoring software.

(used Toast, with continuous play option on)

I'd like to make it so when the next or previous buttons are pressed on the remote, the video jumps to the appropriate video.

Is this something myDVDEdit can do?

Looking thru the forum, I see some answers that might apply, but nothing exact.

PostPosted: Tue 11 Mar 2008, 23:49 Reply with quote

When you press the next button on the remote, the player jump to the next chapter, but if you are on the last chapter, nothing happen.
To fixe that, you have a really easy solution. Just add a blank cell as a new chapter at the end of each title. To do this, select each title, go to the cell tab, click right and select Add new cell/Blank

Doing the same with the previous button is not really the same story and depends on your DVD structure.
To do that, you have to create a single multi PGC Title. The three titles are regrouped in one but each in a single PGC. So then you could use the PreviousPGC and NextPGC options to jump from a PGC to an other in the two directions.
As you must have only one title, all previous titles have to be in the same VTS. If not, they must then be moved to the same VTS, and myDVDEdit cannot do that yet.

I know, the solution is not easy to understand but it is the only solution. The previous button can only jump to the previous chapter, and nothing else.

PostPosted: Wed 12 Mar 2008, 04:39 Reply with quote

Ah, so there's no way to program in for the Next or Previous button to jump to the next/Previous VTS?

Oh well. Thanks!
Beta tester
Beta tester   

PostPosted: Tue 22 Apr 2008, 11:51 Reply with quote

Based on a limited amount of experimentation, I suggest the following:

Given any PGC -- call it X -- where you want the Previous button to execute any desired command(s) when pressed during the play of the first Chapter of X:
    In the VMG Menu, create a new PGC -- call it Y -- containing the desired command(s).

Create a Cell Command in X to Jump to Y.

Insert a blank cell at the beginning of X and activate this Cell Command for that cell. (Click on the triangle next to the cell number to see the Command pop-down menu.)

Add to the Pre Commands for X the command Link Cell 2. This is to keep the Jump to Y from being executed when the PGC starts.

This should work, though it may need some debugging or refinement. We'll soon know.
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Forum Index -> Questions Page 1 of 1

Jump to: