Substituting Titles
Forum Index -> Questions
Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neville
Advanced Member
Advanced Member   

PostPosted: Thu 14 Jun 2007, 06:59 Reply with quote

DL DVD with letterbox movie and deleted scenes on one side, full-screen and "featurette" on the other. I'm backing up the full-screen to a SL, and have substituted a 2 minute-single chapter commercial promo (on both sides) with the deleted scenes title (VTS 2) from the flip side. It actually works: the deleted scenes play just as the promo they replaced did (and DVDPlayer's controller lets me turn the Director Commentary on/off, even). myDVDEdit is a great app. (BTW, I'm putting some money in my PayPal account.)

However, there is no menu access for the deleted scenes title (because it wasn't provided for in the original authoring). So, I figure what I need to do is to have it follow the featurette (VTS 4)(which is in the menu structure), using a Post-Command in VTS 4. The existing Post Command is "Call VMG Menu Pcg 14, ResumeCell 1". What I want, what I think will do it is "Jump VSTTitle 2". However the only available title # in the VSTTitle pop-down menu is "1".

Any ideas as to why that menu only lists "1" instead of "1 - 5"? Or is there another way to get from the end of VTS 4 to the beginning of VTS 2.)

Neville
Jerome
Administrator
Administrator   

PostPosted: Fri 15 Jun 2007, 09:26 Reply with quote

Hi,

You must know that VTSTitle means Title inside the VTS.
There is two title index, DVD Titles (just called Title) and VTS Titles (called ... VTSTitle Smile ).
If, in a VTS (Menu) PGC, you can jump from a VTSTitle, to an other VTSTitle, you cannot jump to a Title in an other VTS.
To do this, you have to jump to a VMGM PGC, and then,from this PGC, jump to the Title.

Jerome
neville
Advanced Member
Advanced Member   

PostPosted: Fri 15 Jun 2007, 15:12 Reply with quote

Jérôme wrote:
You must know that VTSTitle means Title inside the VTS.
Got it!
Quote:
To do this, you have to jump to a VMGM PGC, and then,from this PGC, jump to the Title.
The VMGM has 19 PGCs. They each have code, and I'm not sure where they get "jumped to from" without going through the entire file, line by line. But I assume that all the non-video PGCs serve some purpose which I'd not like to screw up.

So I assume I can add a 20th PGC for my own purposes.

Another curious fact. Among all the VMGM's PCGs, there are 7 VSTs called on. But there are only 5 VSTs in the "All PGCs" window (and in the hard drive's VIDEO_TS folder). Have you ever seen such "shadow" VSTs?

Muchos Thanquos,

Neville
•DVDRem 4.5.1 • DTox 2.3.0 • myDVDEdit
neville
Advanced Member
Advanced Member   

PostPosted: Fri 15 Jun 2007, 15:28 Reply with quote

Just tried:
1.) add 20th PCG to VMGM
2.) add Post-CMD to Title 4: "Call VMG PGC 20 resume Cell 1"
3.) add Pre-CMD to VGM PGC 20: "Jump Title 2"

In testing the above, Title 4 simply loops back to its beginning. This behavior unchange regardless of whether 2.) has "resume cell" or not, or whether 3.) is a Pre- or Post-CMD. Apparently, 2.) is not successful in getting program to exit Title 4 when that title is finished.

Looking forward to your expertise.

Neville
•DVDRem 4.5.1 • DTox 2.3.0 • myDVDEdit
Jerome
Administrator
Administrator   

PostPosted: Fri 15 Jun 2007, 20:33 Reply with quote

neville wrote:
Among all the VMGM's PCGs, there are 7 VSTs called on. But there are only 5 VSTs in the "All PGCs" window (and in the hard drive's VIDEO_TS folder). Have you ever seen such "shadow" VSTs?

A red message is added if a jump is illegal or not found. It should not be. Dont confuse VTS number with Title number, a VTS file can include many titles.

neville wrote:
2.) has "resume cell" or not

Not is this case, You do not have cell in your PGC. That's called a 'Dummy PGC'

A title loops back cannot be done without code. Look at the cells tab, may be there is a Cell command. In this case, the cell commands are executed before the post commands

Jerome
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Forum Index -> Questions Page 1 of 1

Jump to: